Celebrating “Little Victories” for Foster Children
While parenting can be a tough job, the big and small moments along the way make it all worthwhile. A clean plate, a toddler sleeping through the night, a child cleaning up their room without being told – these are victories worth getting excited about.
For foster families, these small moments can be even more meaningful. That’s why Mattress Firm Foster Kids wants to celebrate all victories that you experience with your foster child, no matter how small they may seem. From ditching the training wheels to eating vegetables, we believe that every step of a foster child’s journey is important and each “little victory” deserves to be recognized in a big way.
From Oct. 4 – Oct. 20, Mattress Firm will be gathering stories of little, big, and all the in-between accomplishments from foster kids so we can share them with our community.
How You Can Participate
To join us, share a photo or video of your child’s “little victory” on either Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #MFFKVictories and tag @MattressFirm. Be sure to include a caption sharing your story (and make sure your page isn’t private)! You can also directly upload photos or videos below.
All entries must be submitted by Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
In case you need some inspiration, we asked a few of our Mattress Firm Foster Kids’ nonprofit partners to share some of their recent little victories. They suggested taking photos or videos of:
- A foster child taking their first steps
- A foster child’s grades improving from B’s to A’s
- A foster child becoming potty trained
- A foster child joining a sports team
- A foster child starting their freshman year at college
Mattress Firm knows that not everyone can be a foster parent, but anyone can help a foster child. ™ Thank you for allowing us to celebrate your child’s achievements and encourage foster families around the country.
View Our Little Victories
Rules and Guidelines
Little Victories Photo Contest
Sponsored by Mattress Firm, Inc.
Oct. 4 - 20, 2017
NO PURCHASE, APPLICATION, OR USE OF MATTRESS FIRM PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Mattress Firm’s “Little Victories” photo contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 48 continental United States and the District of Columbia. Participants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the first day of the Contest (May 2, 2017) AND who are the parents or legal guardians of any minor featured in a photo submission as part of this Contest. Each Contest entrant is referred to herein as, a “Participant” or “Entrant”. Employees, officers and directors of Mattress Firm, Inc. d/b/a Mattress Firm (the “Sponsor” or “Mattress Firm” or the “Company”), Jackson Spalding, Inc., Mom-It-Forward, influencers retained to provide services to the Company, or their respective owners, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, or law firms (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members of any such employee, officer or director, and any person residing in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, un-married partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. By entering the Contest, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Mattress Firm’s decisions. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: Mattress Firm, Inc. d/b/a Mattress Firm, 10201 South Main Street Houston, TX 77025. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Mattress Firm, and not to Instagram or Twitter. See Section 10 of these Official Rules for details about how your information may be used.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Entry in the Contest constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. EDT, Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- SUBMISSION PERIOD: Entries will only be accepted during the Contest Period. Entries submitted prior to or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER: Participants can enter the Contest on one of three platforms as follows:
- Direct Upload: Go to mattressfirmfosterkids.org/littlevictories during the Contest Period and follow the links and instructions to complete all the required fields provided on the registration form (“Registration Form”), upload your photo (“Submission”), and click “submit” to complete. All Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 (the “Submission Deadline”). Sponsor’s Contest computer is the official clock for the Contest. All Submissions must meet the standards and requirements set out in these Official Rules. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Instagram: During the Contest Period, publish your Submission to your personal Instagram account. You must use the hashtag #MFFKVictories in the caption of the photo in order to be entered. All Submissions must be published by the Submission Deadline. The clock used by Instagram is the official clock for the Contest.
- Twitter: During the Contest Period, publish your Submission to your personal Twitter account. You must use the hashtag #MFFKVictories in your tweet with the photo in order to be entered. All Submissions must be published by the Submission Deadline. The clock used by Twitter is the official clock for the Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase is required for entry into the Contest and will not improve or increase your odds of winning.